Disordered and Complex Systems, 10-14 July 2000
The global programme for the satellite conference has been arranged
into five themes, roughly
one for each day.
The detailed programmes of the individual days,
with names and titles of all contributions,
will come on-line shortly.
There will also be poster sessions on all topics of the
conference, grouped into the above five subject areas, and held on the same days as the
talks of the corresponding areas.
Monday 10 July
Tuesday 11 July
(morning): Glassy Systems and Neural Networks
- Chairmen: A.C.C. Coolen and P. Sollich
- Invited speakers:
P. Combe, G. Parisi, D. Sherrington
- Topics: Non-equilibrium dynamics, glasses, ageing,
replica theory, generating functional analysis.
Tuesday 11 July
(afternoon): Reaction-Diffusion Equations
- Chairman: R. Streater
- Invited speakers: P. Biler, V. Liskevich, T. Nadzieja
- Topics: Nonlinear parabolic
equations and systems; mutual Coulomb potentials; existence, uniqueness
Wednesday 12 July :
- Chairman: L.P. Hughston
- Invited speakers: P. Balland, N. Bingham, D. Brody, T. Hurd,
G. Iori, S. Leppard, W. Shaw,
N. Webber, G. Woo, M. Zervos
- Topics: Large deviations and non-gaussian tails, Levy processes in
finance, state spaces for interest rate models, real options and
Thursday 13 July : Information Geometry
- Chairmen: I.F. Wilde and D.A. Lavis
- Invited speakers: K. Fukuzimu, P. Gibilisco, T. Isola, D. Petz,
- Topics: Quantum and classical information geometry,
infinite-dimensional (nonparametric) questions, dual connections, convex
Friday 14 July : Quantum Dynamical Systems and Quantum
- Chairman: R. Alicki
- Invited speakers: H. Hasagawa, W.A. Majewski
- Topics: Random matrix ensembles, quantum chaos.
[Return to Disordered and Complex Systems]